Cold Water Poured Over a Hurting Head...

Yesterday evening, after church, Super Woman and I decided to run around town since we had nothing better to do. Randomly, I thought, "I would really like some Asian food." So we drove across town to a restaurant for some carry-out. After making an order, I noticed that Super Woman was outside and went to find her. I asked her what she was doing and her answer was simple, "Praying."

I decided to start a conversation with the guy behind the counter. We talked for a couple minutes and I found out that he is a Muslim, world-traveling Eritrean, who is married to a Buddhist; and that he owns the restaurant. Wanting to pray for anyone in the restaurant that was sick or in pain, I said, "I want to ask you a strange question. Are you in pain?" With a strange look on his face, he says, "Yeah, I have pain in the back of my head." He explained that normally two times a week since childhood he has had this recurring pain in his head. He said that he was in so much pain that he hoped that no one would come so that he didn't have to come out front!

I asked this Muslim if he would like prayer, which he eagerly accepted. I explained a little about the power of God to heal in Jesus Name, grabbed Wonder Woman, and laid my hands on this man's head. Wonder Woman had her hands on me and God released the Kingdom! After a couple minutes of prayer, I asked him, "Do you feel anything?" With surprise and a lack of words, he said that he felt something on his head. In order to help explain, he opened the cuff of his shirt to show us goosebumps. He then said that he had felt what was like cold-watered poured over his head!

Wonder Woman said that she wanted to pray, so I put my hands back on his head, and she started praying. I looked down at this guy's hands and they were shaking. After she finished, this Eritrean man looks up at us and says, "Why are my hands shaking?" Wonder Woman explained that God's power was running through his body bringing healing; and I told him that it was because God wanted to come near to him. He said that while the pain wasn't completely gone, it was MUCH better! Praise the Lord! I was then able to share with him about God's Love and asked him if he had read the Bible, which he had not. I told him that we would come back with a Book and share with him about the message of Jesus. I also prayed that God would open his eyes and mind to visions and dreams of Jesus. This man was so grateful for our prayers and asked with bewilderment, "How did you know that I had pain?" I told him that I was led to ask him because God loved him. He said that we were welcome anytime and that he was so grateful that we had come. He even gave us the food for free!

Before leaving, Wonder Woman prayed for this man's wife, who was the chef. She had bandages on her fingers from her "cooking duties." While we don't know what God did in her, Wonder Woman was able to give her a big hug and share some of God's awesome love. It is our hope that Jesus will come to this home soon and bring salvation! Lord, glorify Your Name!

Comments