I FINALLY got a hit! (Deaf ear submits to the Kingdom)

I had to use this baseball expression because hitters get into slumps – so do those who pray for healing. It has been a loooooong time since I personally saw a deaf ear open. I don’t even want to tell you when it was. Some of you remember reading the blog post – “An Apology to My Muslim friend who wasn’t healed”. He was deaf and we didn’t see the miracle. A few weeks ago on a ministry trip to a neighboring country, I “thought” I got a hit. A young man who was both deaf and mute (since birth) claimed that his ears opened. I asked a pastor friend to get verification and it turns out that he wasn’t healed. Don’t know what happened there.

This past week I finally got a hit! An Indian man who was (emphasis on “was”) deaf in his right ear since birth, was healed after I prayed for him. He felt heat in the ear and testified that he could hear for the first time ever from that ear. I FINALLY came out of my “deaf ear opening” hitting slump and am 1 or 1 in 2007! Guess who I am trying to see ASAP? My deaf Muslim friend who I wrote the apology letter for of course! I want to share the testimony of what happened and go after his deaf ears again. Ultimately I want to be able to “retract” the apology!!!

I don’t know if any of you have heard about Heidi Baker, but she has had an incredible “deaf ear opening” hitting streak wherein she was seeing EVERY deaf person she prayed for in the 2nd half of 2006 healed. Sounds incredible, but then again that is the way Jesus lived. Her example has kept me going – encouraging me to keep swinging at deaf ears.

We must continue to stand upon God’s Word – without watering it down, explaining it away or somehow theologizing why we can’t/shouldn’t expect to see Biblical results in through our own lives when it comes to the miraculous – Jesus told the Disciples to John the Baptist to tell him that “the deaf hear”. Let’s just be old-fashioned fundamentalists about this verse – God said it, I believe it, that settles it!

We’ve got to keep swinging. We probably will get into slumps, but if we keep swinging eventually we’ll “get a hold of one”.

Comments