Living the Life Together

As our custom on Monday nights, we got together and asked the Lord what He wanted to do that night. We all have set aside this night specifically to destroy the works of the devil. So, after some worship, we compared words and one of us, "Firewood," said that the Lord gave him a picture of a plow breaking new ground and an area of town. I said that the Lord had shown me a restaurant with a certain name and a fountain. Firewood answered, "Yeah, there's a restaurant by that name in the area of town that the Lord showed me and it also has a fountain." He also said that he saw an image of someone who was really swollen. We headed out.
Once at the restaurant and seated between two fountains, we were informed by the wait staff that there was minimum amount one had to pay to eat there. We just wanted snacks, so we thanked them and headed to a coffee and nut dealer a stone's throw (or should I say a nut's throw?) from the restaurant's front door. DJ had just been inside and thought that there was something going on.
Inside the coffee and nut place, we ran into some other customers. DJ had some physical words for some of them and though they were on, they were reluctant to really pursue anything. We started praying for some more things, and I felt the impression that one of the older ladies' son had a problem that weighed heavily upon her. When asked, she confirmed that this was true and that he had some severe problems. We then had her communicate with a friend from her country where her son still lives to arrange someone to go pray for him.
After the other customers left, we got down to business with the staff. The cashier had a physical problem, but didn't want to tell us about it. He wanted to see if we would get it without him telling us. The other worker, by the word of knowledge received healing in his arm, but I'll let DJ write more about his healing and some of the prophetic words that he got for him. I wasn't getting much for the cashier except "writer." He confirmed that he wanted to be a journalist, but not a lot came from that thread. I also tried to land a few guesses at this physical problem, but missed two of them. Finally, I said, "left knee." He responded, "exactly." I thought, "about time." (As a side note here, it is perhaps helpful to point out that not every revelation from the Lord is accompanied by peals of thunder and lightning. Oftentimes that still, small voice is a thought that drops into your head.) As it turns out, this guy has thrombosis in his leg that makes it really swollen from the knee down (the swollen image Firewood saw). We told him some stories about some miracles to increase his faith, sat him down, and started praying for him. Halfway through the prayer, he said that he felt a little tingling. Always a good sign. Nonetheless, we didn't see the whole healing, but we are waiting for his phone call.
After the posse disbanded and I headed home, I stopped at a grocery to get some milk. Keep in mind that it is now very late at night-- around midnight. On my way back to my house, I saw this guy being pushed in a wheelchair in my headlights. I didn't have a word of knowledge, other than the visible one, nor did (do) I have much faith for seeing people getting out of wheelchairs as it is I have never personally experienced it (though, one could argue that there is always a first.) So, I did the next best thing. I pulled over, greeted them and . . .

gave him DJ's mobile number.

Comments