No longer a spectator

On the recent trip that DJ has already written about, I feel that I was lifted up to a whole new level of my experience in God. I had been afraid to go, because I felt so inadequate in my giftings and because I was afraid I’d “fail”, yet at the same time I was drawn because I was so desperate to start seeing more of the supernatural in my own life. I thought that I’d go along as a spectator, but God had much more on His mind! To His glory, I saw and experienced things for the first time, including:

Along with another brother, I was invited to pray for a young man with terminal cancer. He had huge tumors on his neck. It was an intimidating place to be, but I felt great boldness that refused to be intimidated by this disease. I experienced the Lord giving me prophetic words for him, even praying that he’d live to see his grandchildren. The man was experiencing “heat” in his neck as we prayed! We believe that something was set into motion that day.

At one point, I was receiving prayer from a person who said that “at this very time your wife is also receiving a touch from God.” I checked my watch: it was 10 PM, local time. My wife was in a far away country (10 time zones away), so it would have been noon where she was. Days later, when I rejoined her, I asked her what was happening at noon on January 2; she replied that she had been in a time of prayer with a friend in which she had an experience of being taken into a very throne room of God!

I prayed for a woman with pain in her knee and leg. There was some relief, but not as much as she wanted. Others of our team also ministered to her. We challenged her to contend for a healing – meaning that she needed to claim it even if the evidence temporarily indicated otherwise, to defy the Enemy’s attempts to keep her from receiving it.

I prayed for a woman with pain in her neck; the pain disappeared.

I prayed for a man with pain in his leg; the pain disappeared.

I prayed for a man with one leg shorter than the other; he experienced “tingling” in the short leg, though we did not immediately see anything change.

I prayed for a woman who had pain in her back; the pain disappeared.

A woman came to me for the interpretation of a dream, and I believe the Lord gave me wisdom for this. She said my interpretation resonated with what she felt the dream meant.

A woman asked me for a word from the Lord. I started by sharing some general truths, then some fairly specific thoughts started to come to me. At the end, she said that these things were in agreement with other words that she’d received previously.

But there were others for whom I prayed yet “nothing” seemed to happen in the natural. When it comes to this type of ministry, “results may vary”! Nevertheless I will still continue to pray for anyone and everyone who wants prayer.

Comments