What's He Up To?

As I was going to the fellowship, I was listening to a message from this guy in California. He was talking about how God uses unusual circumstances and coincidences to speak to us. He used the word, “kisses.” As part of his sermon illustration, he recalled a time when the Lord kept bringing up pearls through different people who prayed with him or in random conversations. As another part of his sermon illustration about unusual coincidences, “kisses from a good God,” he spoke at length how God had led him to start praying for children with Down’s Syndrome. He told one story of how, after he had prayed for this one Down’s kid, he was able to drink fluid through a straw. Anyway, I got to the fellowship and when I walked in, I made my way through the crowd and found a place to sing. I looked over to my right and there was a lady with pearls all over the neckline of her sweater. I thought that was odd and that the Lord probably had a prophetic word for her (which He did from two of us on our team individually). I looked over to my left and saw a man holding a kid. I thought to myself that if this baby has Down’s, I’m going to freak. The child lifted her head and she was a normal little kid. As I continued to sing, the pearl lady moved a little and I saw a little boy standing between the legs of his mother. My mouth dropped—he had Down’s Syndrome. It wasn’t the time yet to pray, but during the ministry time, I approached the lady and asked her if I could pray for her son. The testimony I had heard in the car was about a boy who was named Joey. I thought, “If this kid’s name begins with a ‘J,’ too, this has just moved into the twilight zone.” I asked her, “What’s your kid’s name?”

“Jeremiah”

To Be Continued. . . .

Comments

Post a Comment