FEAR Extinguishers - (DAY 11) - Church service in Starbucks!

This morning a couple of us took a prayer walk which included a visit to our local Starbucks (which is open for take away orders).

I've visited this Starbucks already and prayed with the employees a couple of times since the COVID-19 pandemic began, but today was a chance to follow up AND to be honest, it was like we had a little Church service.

First of all, as I was waiting for my coffee, I offered to pray for the 3 people working - a Filipino manager and 2 others, one from Bhutan (a Buddhist).  They were all so receptive.  Again praying for their protection, for the deliverance from fear, for the families and their job security.

After my coffee came, I was speaking further with the Filipino manager who I believe is a Roman Catholic.  And she shared about her cousin whose salary has been cut in 1/2 due to the Coronavirus. So I asked if we could pray for that situation and so we had another time of prayer!

Finally, as we were talking more, I began to share why we as Christians have nothing to fear.  I asked the manager, with the 2 others listening intently, "What happened to Jesus when someone with a virus touched Him?  Did Jesus get the virus or did the sick person get healed?"  The manager knew her Bible well enough to declare, "The virus was healed"!  It wasn't long, but I had the opportunity to do a short little "teaching" knowing full well that our Buddhist friend was listening carefully.

A time to encourage a Christian, to share the gospel with a Buddhist and I am not sure where the 3 employee was at - he could have been a Hindu as I think he was from India.

It was a time to extinguish fear once again - to give hope and to share the truth about Jesus and His authority to heal the sick and to protect us from all harm.

...for such a time as this!

Comments