FEAR Extinguishers (DAY 14)

What else is there to do?  Seriously!?

We had to get out of the house and go and find people to love, to pray with, to share with, etc.

Even after yesterday where there were over 100 people who our community got to pray with my thought this morning was, "WHO ELSE CAN WE REACH OUT TO???"

So we headed out and in less than an hour, the Lord opened doors for us to pray with another 20 people or so - in coffee shops and in a huge supermarket.

We began our adventure today in a Costa Coffee shop where we got to pray with two Filipino employees - they were in total agreement, "So Be It Lord", they repeated over and over!

Later in the supermarket, the first two men we encountered were Egyptian Muslims - they were so appreciative as we began to speak about God's protection at this time, that they gave us free samples and chocolates! One gave me his number and I told him I would be sending him Psalm 91 IN ARABIC and other resources.

Another woman from Sri Lanka - we don't know what her faith background was but she was so open. Both my wife and I got to pray for her.

Additionally, there were Filipinos, Indians, an Ethiopian, and a Ghanian!

My wife was pushing around her cart praying for the employees she met, while I was wandering around praying for others that I met.

A new strategy was for me to ask an employee where something was in the huge supermarket and then ask them to personally take me to show me where it was.  That gave me a minute or two to pray with them as we walked.  One prayer that EVERYONE loves is this one, "Lord, I ask that you protect their finances and the finances of their families AND that their finances after the pandemic is over would be better than before it"!

For the Catholics and Orthodox that I got to pray for, I would actually bless them in the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit!

For the Egyptian Muslims, I directed them to YouTube videos of a radical Coptic priest in Cairo named Abuna Makari Younan, who prays for healing and for deliverance from demonic bondage.  I told these men in Arabic that I learned how to pray in Arabic from him.  And guess what?  They are then asking, "How do you say his name again?"  YES!!!!

The adventure ended in another Costa Coffee Shops where I got to pray with another 5 employees, including the manager.  I told them we'd be back on Easter Sunday to have a little "church service" to celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus.

...for such a time as this!


Comments