No one can dispute that God is using COVID-19 to reveal many things! Let it be a "Season of Grace".

It doesn't matter what conclusion Christians have come to or are coming to regarding "why" Covid-19 is here, none of them can dispute that God is using it to reveal many things. 

Do we really believe in God's sovereignty? What do we 'mean' by God's sovereignty? What about His promises to provide, to protect and to heal?  Do we really believe them?  Do we really trust Him?  What about our futures? Our finances? Our job security?

Everything is being stirred up. Everything is being exposed.  One day we might be fine, but the next day we are battling fear.  I am talking to believers, I am listening to believers, I am praying for believers and paying attention to what people are saying/writing and how they are responding.  And this pandemic is in a matter of weeks is revealing more than normal circumstances would reveal in years!

I personally believe that God wants all of us to know HOW we are really doing. He wants us to know just how solid our faith is where are real trust lies.  We love to say that God is first and foremost, but we can never know that until we are tested.

This can, therefore, be seen as a "Season of Grace" - the grace to SEE, the grace to KNOW, the grace to have an ACCURATE ASSESSMENT.  That anything and everything that needs to be revealed will be revealed.

I want to know where unbelief lies in my life! I want to know what is actually in my own heart! And this is the greatest opportunity in my entire life to have those questions answered.

Of course, God knows.  This isn't for His information. It is for ours.  Will we listen? Will we be honest? Don't forget...HUMILITY attracts heaven!

Some have said that this is merely a "dress rehearsal" and that far worse, far more deadly and dangerous global outbreaks will coming in the future.  And if that is true (and the way I read/understand my Bible, I believe it will be the case), then I want to learn everything I can in this "Season of Grace".  I want to know exactly what the substance of my faith is.  I don't want to be someone who talks about God's promises and provision who doesn't actually believe those promises and/or trust Him for His provision.

This continues to be a massive, global, spiritual wake-up call for Christians all over the world, but especially for those of us who are unaccustomed to this kind of pain and pressure.

Let us make sure that we can/do learn all that God will teach us in these days. Let us walk in humility - and be honest...brutally honest. 

I intend to be stronger the next time than I was this time.  I want to make sure that my weaknesses have been addressed and strengthened. Let that be your intention as well.

...for such a time as this!

Comments