Isaac's Side of the Story (part 1)

I would like to add a few more details about what happened on our trip to a nearby Middle Eastern country. To say the least, I didn’t know what to expect. As I told DJ before leaving, it was the least prepared I had ever been for an international trip.
Anyway, we arrived in the afternoon so that gave us most of the day to do the shooba around town, but it really began with the taxi driver. As we were headed to the capital city, DJ and I both got numerous words for the driver and for our companion with us. I got a word for our host’s ankle and for our driver’s stomach. I asked him if he had had pain in the stomach—on the right side, just below the navel. He excitedly confirmed that though he didn’t have pain there at the time, he had recently had an operation in the exact same spot. I also got a word about a burn, which turned out was for the driver’s sister and another word for an ear pain which was also for the driver’s niece and our host. By the time we arrived to the hotel, the driver, Yusif, was our new best friend. He helped us locate the place and he wanted to bring his family for healing as well the next afternoon.

Comments