the Lord speaks clearly amongst a group of muslim men - He even reveals a person's name!

A few nights ago, Isaac of Ninevah, Tenacious B and I headed out together and met a group of Syrian muslim men who worked downtown. As Isaac pointed out in his blog post, we saw the Lord speak prophetically very clearly over a number of their lives.

We were able to demonstrate the difference between the way God the Father speaks and heals, and the way their islamic seers and healers operate. They had quite a bit of exposure to these types of people. Sometimes the so-called 'prophetic words' that their islamic mystics will give are accurate but don't instill hope and produce faith. The vast majority of the time muslims have to pay these people for their 'supernatural services'.

In sharp contrast, we explained that since God gives us His gifts freely, we use them freely. We also prophesied hope, potential and God's purposes and future ministry plans over these men. I saw one of these men had been a noted athlete in his youth, which he confirmed. I told him that God has given him a gift of teaching and preaching. The Lord revealed a number of words of knowledge for their healing. One man next to me had a pain in the exact part of his neck where the Lord had given the word of knowledge and after praying, there was no more pain. At one point, two new guys walked up and the Lord showed me that one of them had back pain in the lower back on the left-hand side. He did. It was interesting to hear them explain quickly to this man who we were and what had just happened.

For me personally, I was surprised when the Lord gave me a person's name. One of the guys was talking about one of the healer/seers in his village back in Syria and the name "Um Khalid" pops into my mind. I ask him who that is, and he tells me "that's her name"! In all honesty, I ask the Lord for meaningful names all the time and I make alot of mistakes. When a name is accurate however, there is a fear of the Lord that comes, because everyone knows that from thousands of possible names, it is statistically impossible to guess a person's name. It happened last week on our ministry trip to another country and it happened again. I don't think I've ever had it happen twice in a week.

Unfortunately in the end, we weren't able to pray for everyone. We were in a very public place and at the end a couple of men from the public security (like policemen) had walked up to see what was going on. We will move our 'ministry time' with these guys inside next time we meet.

Basically we were able to give them "a taste" of God's Kingdom. We demonstrated through prophetic ministry and healing the power of Christ's Domain. Subsequently we could proclaim many Kingdom truths.

Comments