Don't leave 'em hungry: You feed them. (part 12)

While we were still at Abu George's, I realized that the first lady I had prayed for didn’t get much by way of prophecy, so she came back for more prayer (I firmly believe physical healing goes hand in hand with inner healing and this is all part of the prophetic gift. Well, that’s what I think.) This lady, Hanan, needed some healing for her carpal tunnel (a word I had gotten before) so I prayed for her healing and for some pain in her shoulders. I got the impression that she needed to forgive someone at work and she said that there was a guy there who kept pressuring her boss to make her work more. I told her that she should bless him instead of curse him. It then came out that she had been to some witchdoctor and he had told her all about herself, given her a talisman, and told her how to curse this guy. I first told her that she should burn the talisman. She got really excited and explained that that morning she had prayed at the church this prayer: “If I should get rid of this amulet, then send someone to me to tell me so.” I had just been an answer to prayer! She went on to ask about how he could have told her so much about herself (she was probably comparing my lack of ability and ambiguity to this false prophet’s accuracy, which brings up a good point: We’ve got to do better than the world.) I explained to her that there is information available in the spiritual realm that many entities can access. Just because someone can tell you stuff about yourself or even accurately predict the future doesn’t mean they are from God. I compared it to the Internet—the information is there to anyone who wants to access it, but what is the motive? She understood and I warned her against going back to this witchdoctor. I finished by telling her that I felt like by December 6, she would meet someone who would be important to her and provide her with a great opportunity. As I’m writing this, it’s December 6 and I’m wondering what has happened. Who knows? As we left, I looked back at this orthodox family and really felt like I had just spent the last couple of hours with family.

Comments