Kingdom Adventures (part 3) - words of knowledge and healings on the streets

The following morning I woke early and went out to find some place to drink tea. I found a small shop and the Lord gave me two words of knowledge for the a man in the shop named Abu Muhammad - back problems and pain in his ribs. Both were accurate. He was also a taxi driver and since we were going to utilize his services later, we delayed our prayer time for his back and ribs. I eventually got to pray for him and the Lord touched him. A neck problem he was having improved dramatically after prayer.

While on the way back to the hotel, a word of knowledge came strongly for a lower back problem on the left as I passed a group of muslim men. I approached them, explained what happened. One of the men said it was for him. I prayed for him and the presence of the Lord came upon his back and he felt electricity. I told him I would come back to see him the following morning to check up on him but I couldn't find him again (nor on our final morning).

Words of knowledge for strangers on the streets and in shops were actually one of the most common ways that the Lord would open doors for us to minister the Kingdom to many Arab muslims and also a number of Arab Christians.

A few of those included:

While in a shop, the Lord gave me a word for a neck problem for the Christian shopkeeper. Isaac also got a word for the man's ankle. We prayed for both conditions. The man, whose name was Ibrahim also felt tingling while we prayed.

In a jewelry shop, we got more words - for the owner's neck, which was healed after we prayed for him 2X. The men were Christians in this shop, but a muslim woman walked in and the Lord gave me a word about her left hand. She had that problem. I told her the Lord was going to heal her (I didn't lay hands on her as a muslim woman surrounded by 5 men) but I told her to come back to the shop for any further ministry she needed.

In a small restaurant, I began to speak with the manager of strip club (yes, they have them in the Middle East too!). He had a problem that needed healing. I asked him NOT to tell me, but to let the Lord show me. I laid my hands on him and the Lord gave me the word that the problem was a back problem. That was true. He let me pray and the pain left his back!!

While in an Ancient Christian Church, I was looking at a couple and the Lord gave me a word of knowledge that one of them had a stomach problem. I approached this Christian man and wife outside and it was true - she had a stomach problem. I explained that the Lord had shown me the problem and they let me pray for her.

One morning in a large shopping area we were buying breakfast and coffee from a street vendor. I got a word of knowledge for this muslim man that he had a right knee problem - he did and we prayed form him. Isaac also gave him an accurate prophetic word.

These were some of the Kingdom encounters we had on the streets or in shops and restaurants. The Lord so wants to "spill" on people when we are out and about. We don't always know who He will 'target' but we need to be willing to tune in and then take the risk to approach a person when we feel the Lord has spoken.

Did we get words of knowledge wrong? Absolutely. I would be lying or misrepresenting our time if I didn't also talk about the times we "missed the target". This is all part of growing in the things of the Kingdom. So how do we REALLY know when God has spoken and given us a word for healing? We check if they have the problem, if they do, we pray. If they are healed, we know it was God. Simple Kingdom principle!

Comments