when the Spirit comes in power

Corporate meetings are always hard to blog about - God does so much, so quickly. It is hard to capture what has happened. I will simply give a 'snap-shot' of some of what I heard and saw.

We attend Churches where healings and miracles are a part of their DNA and therefore are expected. Right now in N. America (where we have just arrived for a visit before returning to the Middle East) much of the Church is hungry for a new visitation of God's Spirit. What began in Lakeland Florida is spreading and similar things are happening in many different places. The meeting we attended last night was a "Do it here too Lord" type of meeting. (a meeting to seek His face and invite His presence).

During the testimony time, we heard a number of people share the miracles God had done through them that week. Many others testified to their own physical healings from meeting the week before - one man's chronic foot problem healed. Another young woman, who we had prayed for the year before without results, testified to the way God had healed a broken foot that hadn't healed properly. Healing after healing. Maybe a dozen people testified - possibly more.

After the testimonies, the time to see God "do it again" was upon us. At this point, so much began to happen that I will have to wait until next week's testimony time to hear what was happening. As I ministered to several people, the Lord was coming on people in powerful ways. Many couldn't remain on their feet. Prophetically the Lord began to speak and my wife, Desert Princess, and I had the opportunity to prophesy over several different people. The feedback we got was quite encouraging. In an atmosphere like that, the gifts of the Holy Spirit seem to flow with a much greater ease.

Several others had come to us for prayer for impartation. While praying for one woman, the Spirit came upon me and I found myself bundled up on the floor as I believe the Lord was releasing into me a new level of a healing gift - that came to me in my left hand. Later when I shared that and prayed corporately over the microphone for the Lord to do the same thing for some others, a man came up to me and said, "my left hand is burning and it isn't going away". I blessed what the Lord was doing and encouraged him to "take risks and get that hand on sick people".

I believe many of our blog posts this summer will come from these types of meetings. We are hungry and positioning ourselves to enter into what God is doing. Who's satisfied we where they are currently at? We aren't!

Comments