Dreams, Visions, and Cracker Barrel

Last night I had a dream in which I got a name prophetically. The name was Frank. So, today, as I went about my day, I looked for Frank. At lunch at Cracker Barrel, I looked at all the aprons, and I couldn't find a single Frank. I asked our waitress if she knew one that worked there. Here's the conversation, see if you would have felt as odd as I did:
Me: Is there a Frank that works here?
Waitress: Um, is he Hispanic?
Me: I don't know.
Waitress: There is a Frank, and he's Hispanic and he works here, but he's not here now.
Me: Is he having some problems that you know of?
W: I don't think so. Why?
M: I had a dream last night and Jesus told me to look for Frank.
W: Ok. That's cool.
M: If you see him, tell him Jesus has his number. (how cheesy.)
W: Will do.

Now take that conversation and add twenty seconds of awkward silence. At least she was receptive. After I saw that, I started asking the Lord if there was something He wanted to say to her.

So, throughout the meal, the Lord dropped some things into my mind about what He wanted to tell her. As we were leaving, I stopped her as she was going from a table to the kitchen and said that the Lord wanted to encourage her. I told her I felt like she had had a hard past, she had a heart of a nurse and that she took care of the elderly. I asked her if this was so and she nodded. She said that she wasn't taking care of anyone now, but that she had in the past. I also told her that she had a heart for justice and with a big smile and bright eyes, she responded with, "That's me!" It's great to see someone realize their destiny! After that, I just told her that the Lord wanted her to know those things and that He wanted her to be encouraged.

As priests and kings in this world, it is our privilege to speak to people on God's behalf using His words. I'm under the conviction that everyone is thirsty to hear from God and there are so few that do. I think "Do you want to know what God thinks about you?" or "Do you want to hear from God?" might be good intros.

Comments