A Muslim 'Nicodemus' comes to me in secret

I knew that this one particular man, who had experienced several healings, wanted to get me alone. I also knew something was very special about him because he hugged me as I left the ski lodge after our time together. Later in the day, as we skied to the bottom of the ski resort, he asked my ski guide, another Muslim, to ride on a different ski lift, so that we could ride alone and talk openly. He told me that he perceived I had a close relationship with God, and that he wanted me to pray for him because he said he had always been a “loser” and nothing he did ever succeeded.

He had demonstrated the most refreshing openness I’ve seen in a long time in a Muslim man. He of his own admission had not been a very religious Muslim, but he was a man who said he was “a lover of my God”. This had opened up a powerful discussion about our motivation for obeying God – was it fear or love? Islam seems to use fear of punishment almost exclusively. This man had a deeper revelation, interestingly as he seemed to really agree with me as I explained to a group of about 10-12 Muslim men that God wants us to obey him, not as slaves but as sons who do so out of love, not out of fear.

Nicodemus (as I will call him) was supposed to meet me at my hotel that evening. He was hungry. He wanted to come for the completion of his healing, and to learn more about God’s Kingdom. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstanding and he didn’t come, but he found me on my final day at the ski resort. He insisted we have lunch together, but he came too late and I missed him again. God however had a way to get us together.

As I was sitting in a car, waiting to leave the village my driver ended up delaying us for an hour to wait for 3 other passengers. I am rather frustrated and just then this man comes up to the car window and we got to spend that time together. I was able to pray again for his ear problem, which is caused by ruptured ear drum. I prayed for a creative miracle. He felt the Lord come again and touch his ear. I told him I wanted him to contact me in the next couple of days to tell me what God had done in his ear. I am eager to hear.

I will be sending him a Bible in his own language as our final meeting allowed me to get his address. I told him that what he needed was to have God’s Holy Spirit come and reside within him. I believe this man will be a ‘man of peace’ who will lead many of his people to Jesus once he himself enters God’s Kingdom.

Comments