Thoughts about the way the Gospel has been spread amongst the followers of false religions

As I left the Himalayas, I was struck by the fact that basically 3 false religions dominate the landscape - Buddhism, Islam and Hinduism. Christianity is almost nowhere to be found in the regions that I was visiting.

When I met people and demonstrated God's power - by a prophetic word, by bringing healing or some other supernatural act, the hunger and desperation I saw was incredible. I didn't bring a Gospel of words alone, but a Gospel of demonstrating God's Kingdom authority - it was then that they wanted to hear what I had to say, it was then that they wanted an explanation for what had just happened.

As I flew out of the region, I was struck once again by the sad fact that the only religion in the world where God's power is being manifest, has all-too-often attempted to penetrate regions like these with no demonstration of God's miraculous power whatsoever. No wonder we haven't seen the breakthroughs! How we ever came to the conclusion that words were enough, I'll never understand. Clearly it isn't an idea we got from the Bible.

Comments